Friday, March 11, 2011

Framework Set

I have managed to develop an extensive framework using ancestry.com and the Family Trees other people have assembled.  Now I am starting from the beginning and researching records and confirming or disproving those tree listings.  I know some will turn out wrong since there are a few instances where people's birth dates are later than those of their children, or where their death dates are before the birth of a child.  I have definitely found some interesting things so far, including possible connections to: a Queen of France, a man famously executed for his religious beliefs, an ancestor from Africa, and an indirect connection to a former Vice President of the U.S. (descended from the same person, rather than me being descended from him).  I will be more than happy to disprove this last person as a relation since they have connections to slavery I would prefer to not have to acknowledge as those of a family member!

Anyway, I am finding this to be fascinating and just wish my ancestors had passed down more records and such to work with.  I am working on reading Genealogy Online For Dummies in hopes that I can discover some tricks to getting around some of the expenses involved, among other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment