Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fifth Cousin and Paw Paw Had No Name

I find myself sitting here carrying on a conversation via Ancestry's messaging system with my fifth cousin David who happens to live about an hour away from me.  Kind of surreal.  It is definitely a nice surprise after a frustrating couple of hours taking a stab at the other side of my tree!  I wish he was from one of the branches that I don't have much info on so he could help me, but he is from the one branch I already know the most about.  But it is cool to suddenly be in contact with another blood relative seemingly out of nowhere!

And in other news...I discovered today that my grandfather Erwin left the hospital without a name!  I am likely the only person that finds that interesting, but still!

2 comments:

  1. So you mean to tell me that our great grandparents took their time coming up with "ERWIN"?!?! LULZ abound sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! That cracked me up too!

    ReplyDelete